My bucket list is very random, but exciting to a shy girl such as myself. I’ve never been one who believes that it is impossible to accomplish any goal in your life alone. “Never give up until you run out of options,” is my motto. I did not give up on losing weight simply because I couldn’t find a walking buddy or because my parents and friends eat different things. I found ways to get around it and did my own thing. If I would have waited for my friends and family to get on board with me, I would probably weigh twice as much as I did in high school or never lived in Charleston, Oaxaca, or even move just a few hours away from my hometown. I would not be the person that I am today if I did not take those chances and test every option available to me. Now I’m addicted to change and growth. I want more of it, I have to have it. I just have to be me and this chick is on to something brilliant. Something this chick likes to call “Living Life.”
So what’s inside of my bucket? There are some silly goals, some small goals, some heartbreaking ones, outrageous ones, classics, and WTFs. I like to keep life interesting. Why not?
(In no particular order!)
Get a full-time job with a non-profit (2012)
- Make chocolate croissants from scratch.
Reach 155 pounds (Sat, Sept. 22, the healthy way. (2012) Run a 5K without taking walking breaks. (2012)
- Open a small bakery.
Complete Insanity program (60-Days).
- Make French Macaroons.
- Run a 10K, walking allowed.
- Run a 10K, no walking.
- Learn how to swim, not float.
- Make an apple pie from scratch. Grandma style!
- Complete all tasks to re-earn all Girl Scout badges (I was a Brownie for 3 years!)
- Face my fear of the ocean
- Go cliff diving, Bella-style to all of you Twilight fans.
- Learn how to juggle with kiwi fruit.
- Teach in another country for a year
- Dance the Tango in the streets somewhere in Spain
- Visit Japan
- Learn how to do a cart-wheel.
- Do a cart-wheel along a beach in Montevideo
- Vacation on an island
- Go zip lining in Costa Rica
- Go Skydiving
- Learn how to tie a tie.
- Kiss under a waterfall.
- Take a trapeze class in California
- Sing in a jazz band
- Learn a song in Spanish and know what it means
- Learn a song in Italian and know what it means
- Learn a song in French and know what it means
- Learn a song in German and know what it means
- Learn a song in Portuguese and know what it means
- Learn a song in Chinese and know what it means
- Grow fruits and vegetables Summer 2014
- Belly dance for my friends for my 30th birthday (maybe next year 😦 )
- Learn how to dance Salsa
Wear bathing suit on beach for 1 hour without cover up
- Dance salsa in a Miami club
- Walk nude along a nude beach in France
- Learn how to pole dance (This is not a new career move, just for fun, promise!)
- Learn Spanish fluently (almost there)
- Learn Mandarin fluently (not nearly there)
- Speak intermediate Portuguese
- Order a cup of coffee and pastry in Italian
- Write a book
- Publish an article in a magazine
- Play a sport
- Model for a figure drawing class
- Take tasteful, professional, nude photos (A celebration of my new body)
- Wear bikini to the beach
- Become a Fitness Model
- Pay off credit cards by December 2014
Drink 2 liters of water each day for 7 days
- Start up another volunteer organization teaching communities how to live healthy
- Get second masters Nutrition Science
- Become a Registered Dietitian
- Get TESL certification
- Practice yoga in India
- Learn how to play guitar
- Learn how to play piano
Take 10 Zumba classes or more
- Teach a Zumba class
- Throw appreciation bash for my mom
- Take my niece on an amazing trip
- Buy another car
- Buy lunch for a stranger
- Submit artwork for the Tiny Art Show
- Get fit by 30something
- Lose enough weight to keep my stomach from slapping my thighs (funny, but true!!!)
- Compete in salsa competition
- Learn how to surf
- Do a cart-wheel
- Do a back flip
- Participate in sweat lodge ritual
- Go cave tubing in South America
- Read 50 books by the end of 2014
- Take a kickboxing class
- Go on mother-daughter road trip
- Go on father-daughter road trip
- Meet all of my siblings
- Volunteer in all 50 states
- Start handmade gift box business
- Sell one gift box. Lol
- Ride a horse
Publish 50 blogs Publish 100 blogs Reach 100 views for yourtruthdiet
Reach 200 views for yourtruthdiet Reach 50 followers Reach 100 followers Reach 1000 views
- Send message in a bottle and get reply
- Send message with a balloon and get reply
- Break at least one Guinness Book record
- Build a treehouse that is L.E.E.D. certified
- Go on yoga retreat
- Join a book club
Start YouTube Health Channel
- Take Bikram yoga class without dying (This may substitute for sweat lodge given the experience.)
- Display my artwork in a gallery
- Go on cruise with girlfriends
- Attend a concert overseas
- Drive a scooter in another country
- Drink coffee in Seattle
Go vegetarian for 30 days Give up desserts for 30 days
- Go on road trip with my girlfriends from East Coast to West Coast
- Learn all American presidents in the correct order (Sad, I should probably already know this!)
- Learn how to knit a hat in honor of my late aunt
- Wear Carnival costume
- Learn how to make a mouth blown glass anything in Italy
- Take a cooking class in Italy
- Take a cooking class in China
- Ride a unicycle
- Dance at Carnival in Brazil
- Learn how to roller blade
Run 15 minutes outside without stopping (April 4, 2012) Run 5K in less than 40 minutes (35.41 MINUTES…6/30/2012)
- Visit my family in Oaxaca, Mexico
- Attend Dia de los Muertos in Oaxaca, Mexico
- Finish leg tattoo collage
- Get back tattoo
- Learn of my family genealogy
- Make high heels for my niece
- Make a summer dress and wear it
- ATTEND a blog conference (I pay)
- GET INVITED to attend a blog conference (THEY pay)
- Push a car more than 15 yards by myself.
- Become a Tough Mudder
Do 5 or more boy push ups and 20 or more crunches everyday until my 29th birthday in May (2012).
- Teach a cooking class and get paid for it.
……With more to come!