HELLZ YEAH! Just ask Chuck!
Quick update! My 21 Crazy Sexy Diet cleanse ended a few days ago and I must say that I’m feeling pretty damn great right about now. Well, honestly, I stopped juicing for a few days and quickly realized that my body needed some green juice lovin’ pronto. It is amazing how much better I feel after I’ve juiced and how foggy my thoughts are when I’m off the stuff. Overall, I would say the cleanse was very successful although I had a few slip ups here and there. Juicing is one thing, but raw veganism is a completely different monster. It was a difficult challenge, but I made up my mind to try it and well, there you have it.
The most common question that I’m asked is related to weight loss. I will guess and say that I’ve lost a few pounds, but it was never about losing weight for me. I wanted to feel better and have more energy. I needed to retrain my body how to function properly without all of the excess junk and processed deliciousness. Now let me get down to the nitty-gritty. Although I have plenty to say about the benefits of juicing and detoxing, there is also a lot of crappy stuff to consider also.
- Simple plan, simple shopping lists
- You’ll get plenty of vitamins and minerals
- You’ll feel energized
- You’ll feel full on very little food (I was surprised by this!)
- The fog in your brain will start to disappear
- Your skin will glow and feel like a baby’s behind (that’s not really sexy when you think about it)
- You’ll feel good about yourself and all the goodness you’re doing for your body
- Weight loss may be achieved
- Can be relaxing to make juice (at least it was for me)
- Helps to get digestion back on track
- You may just become addicted
- You’ll think you can conquer the world!!!!!!!!
- Can be expensive (Depending on where you purchase produce. I didn’t notice a major difference in price between organic and conventional. Twenty cents more for organic is worth it.)
- Numerous trips to the grocery store in order to keep produce fresh.
- Juicers are expensive. (Would recommend Nutribullet: There isn’t any waste!)
- Time consuming (Depending on Juicer.)
- Clean up is not a sexy job.
- Cant’ make too much juice at one time. Safer and tastier when drank within first few days.
This is definitely a lifestyle change for me. I’ve decided to become 60% vegan, 30% vegetarian, and 10% whatever. A little bit of the best of all worlds! Isn’t life delicious?